Search engine optimization is crucial for bloggers. They need to carefully plan and apply a potent optimization strategy for their blogs. Search engine optimization does not have a fixed procedure but a few unavoidable factors can impact their worthy search engine ranking. It is essential to achieve organic traffic, so every blogger has to consider their search engine optimization strategies seriously.
Australian Internet Advertising is a digital marketing company based in Sydney. AIA offers extensive services like SEO, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Google Ads management, video marketing, website designing & development, E-commerce marketing, and Hosting services.
Search engine optimization is complex process and labor-intensive. If you are refurbishing an existing website or creating a new one or performing a website audit then it is essential to maintain a search engine optimization checklist. It helps you to optimize your website quickly and you don’t miss out on any tiny details, which can badly impact your Google ranking.
Search engine optimization checklist for bloggers to follow
The checklist has factors that you must be aware of and even some software to add to your arsenal.
- Install and set up the Yoast SEO plugin correctly.
- Create sitemap.
- Integrate Google Analytics.
- Submit website and sitemap to the Google search console.
- Setup Bing webmaster tools
Keyword research checklist
Identifying rich target keywords is crucial because helps customers to find your brand with ease. Keyword research is one of the pillars of an effective search engine optimization process.
- Use Google Suggest to find long-tail keywords.
- Identify solid keywords using the Google Keyword Planner tool.
- Tap into online communities like forums, Quora, Reddit, etc. to uncover keywords.
- Uncover question keywords using Answer The Public tool [free]
On-page optimization checklist
- Include target keyword in URL.
- Keep URLs short.
- Use the keyword at the start of the title tag.
- Embed the title tag modifiers.
- Use keyword once on first 100 to 150 words.
- Use a keyword in the header H1, H2, or H3 tags.
- Image optimization.
- Use synonyms & LSI keywords to avoid stuffing.
- Use external links.
- Integrate internal links
- Identify crawl errors or crawlability.
- Monitor how Google perceives your page.
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly.
- Repair the broken links.
- Secure website with HTTPS.
- Check the website’s loading speed.
- Create amazing content.
- Make the content easily readable with interesting subheadings and bullet points.
- Cover the entire topic in-depth or make it more informative.
- Use Schema Markup.
- Focus on currently working content formats.
Link building checklist
Link building is also essential for search engine optimization. Backlinks are top-ranking signals. Link building is hard yet not impossible, so never ignore it.
- Use guest posting to build potent backlinks.
- Reverse competitor’s backlinks.
- With Link, Roundups build contextual backlinks.
- Become a podcast guest.
- In the blog post mention some influential niche bloggers.
Advanced search engine optimization guidelines and strategies
- Click-through-rate [CTR] optimization.
- Reduce website downtime as much as possible.
- Delete the ‘dead weight’ web pages.
- Reduce bounce rate and enhance dwell time [the time visitors stay on your website].
- Add social media share buttons on your website.
Bloggers who follow the search engine optimization checklist mentioned above will definitely improve their Google ranking, it works!